Subject: 29.0.50; M-x sql-postgres conflates initial input from M-x sql-sqlite

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:56:35 +0300

I had a long running session of M-x sql-postgres

During the session I have initiated M-x sql-sqlite and worked with
database.

Then I have exited from PostgreSQL session

Then I have tried invoking M-x sql-postgres again.

And then I get this error:

psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 5432 failed: FATAL:  database "/home/data1/protected/tmp/mybusiness" does not exist

Process SQL: Postgres exited abnormally with code 2

Whereby the SQLite database I have been using was:
"/home/data1/protected/tmp/mybusiness"

whereby PostgreSQL database I was using was "mybusiness"

Problem is in the prompt "Database: " that conflates history of other
database and offers me initial input from SQLite instead of initial
input of PostgreSQL database.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-09-06 built on protected.rcdrun.com

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    'bt full' and 'xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/etc/DEBUG.

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/