Subject: 29.0.50; textsec-link-suspicious-p is unaware of eww-url-transformers

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 13:11:21 +0530

I use eww-url-transformers to redirect URLs to libre front-ends of
certain websites like YouTube, Imgur, etc. however,
textsec-link-suspicious-p is blissfully unaware of this transformation
and reports false positives in certain cases.  A simple reproducer is
the following,

    1. emacs -Q
    2. Eval the following lisp code
          (defun vz/eww-url-transformer (url)
            (if (string-prefix-p "https://youtube.com/watch?v=" url)
                (concat "https://yewtu.be/watch?v"
                    (substring url (string-search "=" url)))
              url))

          (setq eww-url-transformers '(vz/eww-url-transformer))
    3. Say M-s M-w https://youtube.com/watch?v=nMqBCkxfRMk RET
    4. Scroll up to the description and see textsec highlight links to
       YouTube in red colour since now they are redirected to yewtu.be

I don't think anything can be meaningful can be done here though,
perhaps it might suffice to document this in the docstring of
eww-url-transformers.

P.S. Can we make the :foreground attribute of textsec-suspicious face to
     be white?  It is very hard to read what the link is in this case.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-09-11 built on astatine
Repository revision: 9219e83b3c0ef53df02caf4c8ba38f482937ab50
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-sound=alsa --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json
 --without-xaw3d --without-gconf --without-libsystemd'
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  acme-tag-minor-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  undelete-frame-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/viz/lib/emacs/straight/build/faceup/faceup hides /home/viz/lib/ports/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup

Features:
(shadow sort ecomplete mail-extr emacsbug descr-text find-dired files-x
grep dired-aux shr-color textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check network-stream url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth pdf-sync pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history
org-capture doct ob-R ob-awk ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs ob-clojure ob-css ob-dot ob-eshell eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util ob-forth ob-fortran ob-gnuplot ob-groovy ob-haskell ob-java
ob-js ob-julia ob-latex ob-lilypond ob-lisp ob-lua ob-makefile ob-maxima
ob-ocaml ob-octave ob-org ob-perl ob-processing ob-python python compat
ob-ruby ob-sass ob-scheme ob-screen ob-sed ob-sqlite ob-sql doctor
cal-islam holidays holiday-loaddefs mule-util cal-move ob-ditaa
ob-plantuml org-colview org-crypt org-habit org-plot org-archive
cus-start dabbrev vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
smerge-mode log-edit add-log executable notifications bug-reference xref
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree cl-print pulse color avy misearch
multi-isearch reveal recentf tree-widget vc-backup log-view pcvs-util vc
diff vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher org-clock org-duration cal-iso
writegood-mode flyspell ispell org-pdftools pdf-annot facemenu org-noter
org-element avl-tree generator org-agenda ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-shell
shell ob-racket async ob-async cdlatex texmathp org-attach ol-eww eww
xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi org-tempo tempo org-id org-refile ol-man org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 org-keys oc org-loaddefs ol org-compat org-macs cursor-sensor
icomplete face-remap server paredit edmacro kmacro eros time-date
checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake project warnings wordel-autoloads
sokoban-autoloads ement-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
taxy-autoloads plz-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
transmission-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
faceup-autoloads eros-autoloads flymake-shellcheck-autoloads
writegood-mode-autoloads siege-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads
puni-autoloads expand-region-autoloads filladapt-autoloads compose
scroll-other-window org-pdftools-autoloads org-noter-autoloads
change-env-autoloads math-delimiters-autoloads doct-autoloads
ob-async-autoloads async-autoloads emacs-ob-racket-autoloads
valign-autoloads cdlatex-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
json map byte-opt url-vars compile comint ansi-color cus-edit edebug
debug backtrace find-func icons wid-edit pdf-view password-cache
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs exif pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads mb-depth
repeat visual-fill-autoloads olivetti-autoloads time format-spec battery
dbus filenotify xml dom tamil99 quail disp-table lacarte-autoloads
winner ring acme-tag shell-command+ thingatpt acme-tag-autoloads
shell-command-plus-autoloads delsel easy-mmode xt-mouse cus-load
avy-autoloads finder-inf vc-backup-autoloads compat-autoloads icalendar
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs rx filecache
imenu-xref-autoloads derived chemtable-autoloads molar-mass-autoloads
saveplace-pdf-view saveplace bookmark text-property-search pp
saveplace-pdf-view-autoloads pcase inspector-autoloads xr-autoloads
straight-autoloads cl-seq info cl-extra help-mode straight subr-x
cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv vz-nh-theme
vz-options-theme rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 873008 103092) (symbols ?0 54900 3) (strings 32 281437 10459) (string-bytes 1 17412302) (vectors 16
                                                                                                             110864)
 (
  vector-slots 8 2509054 178881) (floats 8 997 840) (intervals ?8 25313 2962) (buffers 1000 ?J))