Subject: Re: [bug#57788] [PATCH] gnu: rust: Disable debug info to reduce build requirements

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 06:40:27 -0400

Hi Efraim,

I was surprised to see commit 01be1973f464cb81cdece54f7858f0dee46abb50
attributed solely to me, although I did not actually author that commit.

In the future, please do not attribute commits to me that I did not
write or approve of.  At minimum, if you modify a commit that I
proposed, please add a "Modified-by" line in the commit log.  If you
made radical changes to a commit that I proposed, better to list
yourself as author and maybe say "based on a proposal by Mark H Weaver"
in the commit log.

One important modification that got lost in your simplified commit was
the change I made to mrustc/tools/minicargo/build.cpp, which I evidently
found necessary.  Without that change, I do not know if Rust can still
be bootstrapped on a small machine such as mine.

Anyway, thanks for working on it, and for the other important work
you've done on dramatically shortening the Rust bootstrap.

      Regards,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.