Subject: 28.1; run-python fails when using tramp-sshfs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:55:17 +0000 (UTC)

1. Open a remote Python file with /sshfs:hostname:/path/to/file.py
2. Hit C-c C-p (run-python) to start a Python REPL
3. Observe a failure with the message:
tramp-send-string: Process *tramp/sshfs earth* not running

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/mdi1yi5y3nnm2bwm34qv41nxgpnvqb2s-emacs-28.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/lxhvfz483p69srg7xnqai2ycni628v8a-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix