Subject: bug#57778: closed (Re: bug#57778: [PATCH] * doc/ref/sxml.texi (7.21.4 Transforming SXML): adds a mention to the module to be imported for the procedures introduced in this section of the documentation.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 13:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57778: [PATCH] * doc/ref/sxml.texi (7.21.4 Transforming SXML): adds a mention to the   module to be imported for the procedures introduced in this section of   the documentation.

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57778: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57778
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57778: [PATCH] * doc/ref/sxml.texi (7.21.4 Transforming SXML): adds a mention to the module to be imported for the procedures introduced in this section of the documentation.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Fulbert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 15:49:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Fulbert <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Small change proposal in attached patch to give some direction on module
> to use for functions discussed in the (7.21.4 Transforming SXML) section
> of the documentation.

A welcome improvement!

> +The pre-post-order function, in (sxml transform) module, visits the
                                  ^
I added a missing “the” and wrap the procedure name and module name in @code.

Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH] * doc/ref/sxml.texi (7.21.4 Transforming SXML): adds a mention to the module to be imported for the procedures introduced in this section of the documentation.
From: Fulbert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 19:21:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Small change proposal in attached patch to give some direction on module
to use for functions discussed in the (7.21.4 Transforming SXML) section
of the documentation.

---
 doc/ref/sxml.texi | 16 ++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/ref/sxml.texi b/doc/ref/sxml.texi
index 7e3ca65e3..622e93291 100644
--- a/doc/ref/sxml.texi
+++ b/doc/ref/sxml.texi
@@ -475,14 +475,14 @@ where
  <handler> :: <trigger-symbol> x [<tree>] -> <new-tree>
 @end smallexample
 
-The pre-post-order function visits the nodes and nodelists
-pre-post-order (depth-first).  For each @code{<Node>} of the form
-@code{(@var{name} <Node> ...)}, it looks up an association with the
-given @var{name} among its @var{<bindings>}.  If failed,
-@code{pre-post-order} tries to locate a @code{*default*} binding.  It's
-an error if the latter attempt fails as well.  Having found a binding,
-the @code{pre-post-order} function first checks to see if the binding is
-of the form
+The pre-post-order function, in (sxml transform) module, visits the
+nodes and nodelists pre-post-order (depth-first).  For each
+@code{<Node>} of the form @code{(@var{name} <Node> ...)}, it looks up an
+association with the given @var{name} among its @var{<bindings>}.  If
+failed, @code{pre-post-order} tries to locate a @code{*default*}
+binding.  It's an error if the latter attempt fails as well.  Having
+found a binding, the @code{pre-post-order} function first checks to see
+if the binding is of the form
 
 @smallexample 
 	(<trigger-symbol> *preorder* . <handler>)
-- 
2.37.3