Subject: [bug#57757] [PATCH] gnu: Add sbcl-stumpwm-pamixer

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:08:09 +0200

On 19-09-2022 23:34, Trev wrote:
>> (arguments
>>     (list #:asd-systems ''(:pa-mixers)
>>           #:phases
>>           #~(modify-phases [...])))
>>
>> (i.e., you are removing a layer of quoting by turning the quasiquote
>> into a quote, so it needs to be readded for the #:asd-systems).
>>
> I see a double-quote there with ~''(:pamixer)~ - which is not something
> I have ever tried to do before.  Is this a typo?

No, it's intentional -- if you do '(:pa-mixers), the code (:pa-mixers) 
is passed to the builder, but that can't work, as :pa-mixers is 
undefined (or a keyword, depending on how the Guile reader is 
configured).  If you do ''(:pa-mixers), the code '(:pa-mixers) is passed 
to the builder, as intended.

If you change ''(:pa-mixers) to '(pa-mixers), then I expect you'll get a 
build failure.

Greetings,
Maxime.