Subject: bug#57752: 28.1.91; emacsclient-mail.desktop doesn't work for me

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 15:58:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
>> One way we could maybe implement this is if
>> it was possible to pass additional CLI arguments to emacsclient and read
>> them from elisp the same way it is possible in batch mode with emacs.
>
> You mean, by using --eval from the emacsclient command line?

no because --eval would require a valid elisp expression such as

  emacsclient --eval (message-mailto "%u")

which seems to go against the specification constraint. I thought about
using something like the following:

  emacsclient --function message-mailto-reading-cli-args %u

And message-mailto-reading-cli-args would read command-line-args-left or
similar to do its job.

This requires adding these features to emacsclient and implementing
message-mailto-reading-cli-args.

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill