Subject: bug#57751: 29.0.50; crash in GC

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:35:40 -0400

> * Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> [2022-09-15 07:28:17 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I _think_ that Tramp does something with a BAD FD and corrupts the
>> memory (see my previous message: tramp appears to be broken recently).
>
> I can't exclude that as a possibility, of course, but I think it's
> unlikely that using Tramp can lead to a corruption of the C heap
> somehow.

I don't think Tramp itself if the culprit, but the underlying networking
code.

> Oh, another thing I forgot to mention: LLDB requires a magic spell for
> running terminal apps, instead of "run":
>
> process launch --tty -- -nw

thank you!

> Moving means grabbing the titlebar?

yep.

> I'm asking because of the "part = scroll_bar_nowhere" in the event.

No idea what this is.

> And, are you using scroll bars or are they off?

they are present on the screen but I never click on them, I merely use
them as a visual indicator of buffer position.

> I think I'll try next to reproduce this desktop loading/moving frame
> crash here.  When I get something, I'll bisect, and then let's see
> further.  I'll report back when I have something.

Thank you!

-- 
Sam Steingold (https://aphar.dreamwidth.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
https://lastingimpactpsychology.com https://steingoldpsychology.com
https://iris.org.il https://jihadwatch.org http://think-israel.org
Brain is invisible, but lack thereof is not.