Subject: 29.0.50; Unable to undo in EWW buffer form input

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:54:37 -0400

Undo doesn't seem to work in EWW, when editing form input.

Steps to reproduce:

0. emacs -Q
1. M-x eww RET duckduckgo.com RET
2. Go to the search form
3. Type "test", then M-DEL
4. C-/

Result: "undo-start: No undo information in this buffer" is shown in the
minibuffer.

Expected result: The input "test" reappears in the form.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-11 built on joffe
Repository revision: 4cf9c92e27d20da9453f9abe89d84bee5d776329
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnutls network-stream
url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth format-spec eww xdg url-queue thingatpt shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt url-vars mailcap puny mm-url
gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date mail-utils range
wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile
cconv cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 281297 11929)
 (symbols 48 11258 0)
 (strings 32 55218 2411)
 (string-bytes 1 1385112)
 (vectors 16 47102)
 (vector-slots 8 836140 15871)
 (floats 8 134 29)
 (intervals 56 319 0)
 (buffers 1000 15))