Subject: bug#57742: QT plugins from profile not found (QT_PLUGIN_PATH)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:55:45 -0500

Hi,

Marek Paśnikowski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I found a piece of QT documentation on handling of plugins [1].
>
> Is it helpful to achieving working Plasma Desktop on Guix?
>
> Maxim - I was able to only find your email address; I don't think the
> other participants of this Debbugs issue will receive a copy of this
> message.
>
> Best Regards,
> Marek Paśnikowski
>
> [1]: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6.2/deployment-plugins.html#loading-and-verifying-plugins-dynamically

Thanks for the link.  According to it, there shouldn't be a problem a
problem mixing various Qt versions on the same QT_PLUGIN_PATH, as Qt is
supposed to not load plugins that were linked against a newer version,
or older major version.

If this was so, then it seems like the problem/concern I reported
upstream https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-107459 could be
acknowledged and closed, but I'd like to have confirmation.  I've sent a
comment to the above ticket, hopefully we can get such confirmation.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim