Subject: [bug#57736] [PATCH 2/2] news: Fix en dash usage.

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 21:07:56 +0200

The first patch LGTM. I can't push it right now. If someone else could do it, it'd be great.

Ok for the second patch if a native English speaker and a German translator confirm :)

Le 11 septembre 2022 20:00:35 GMT+02:00, Thiago Jung Bauermann via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>The en dash is used to separate pairs of words or numbers. The em dash is the
>one used to separate sentences. In addition, in English text we are using the
>convention of not separating the dash with spaces.
>
>* etc/news.scm: Change the en dash to em in entry about Emacs native
>compilation.
>---
> etc/news.scm | 8 ++++----
> 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
>diff --git a/etc/news.scm b/etc/news.scm
>index a0716e0cdec4..efc219201f08 100644
>--- a/etc/news.scm
>+++ b/etc/news.scm
>@@ -37,8 +37,8 @@
> @code{user-emacs-directory}.
> 
> Furthermore, the build system for Emacs packages transparently supports native
>-compilation, but note, that @code{emacs-minimal} -- the default Emacs for
>-building packages -- has been configured without native compilation.
>+compilation, but note, that @code{emacs-minimal}---the default Emacs for
>+building packages---has been configured without native compilation.
> To natively compile your emacs packages ahead of time, use a transformation
> like @option{--with-input=emacs-minimal=emacs}.")
>          (de "Emacs kann nun native Maschinenbefehle erzeugen.  Standardgemäß
>@@ -47,8 +47,8 @@
> @code{user-emacs-directory}.
> 
> Darüber hinaus unterstützt das Erzeugungssystem für Emacs-Pakete die Erzeugung
>-nativer Maschinenbefehle.  Beachten Sie jedoch, dass @code{emacs-minimal} --
>-die Emacs-Variante, mit der normalerweise Emacs-Pakete erzeugt werden --
>+nativer Maschinenbefehle.  Beachten Sie jedoch, dass @code{emacs-minimal} ---
>+die Emacs-Variante, mit der normalerweise Emacs-Pakete erzeugt werden ---
> weiterhin keine nativen Befehle generiert.  Um native Befehle für Ihre
> Emacs-Pakete schon im Voraus zu erzeugen, nutzen Sie eine Transformation, z.B.
> @option{--with-input=emacs-minimal=emacs}.")
>
>
>