Subject: 28.1; running external application from emacs (snap)

From: beruchris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 18:13:37 +0200

After upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, I run in the following error when
starting an application from emacs. E.g.: shell-command atril 
(same behaviour with emacs -Q)

atril: symbol lookup error: /snap/emacs/1609/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/../../../../../../lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol: __libc_pthread_init, version
GLIBC_PRIVATE

Running atril from the terminal works fine. 

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-06-24 built on lcy02-amd64-106
Repository revision: 82b52fe2e2246a5ce049f1a00a758b85432e7f5e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.12101003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo --with-native-compilation
 'CFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  org-roam-timestamps-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  winum-mode: t
  pupo-mode: t
  global-vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  spaceline-helm-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/28.1/develop/spinner-1.7.4/spinner hides
/home/user/.emacs.d/core/libs/spinner
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/28.1/develop/transient-20220331.2312/transient
hides /snap/emacs/current/usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail evil-surround helm-x-files
helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-external helm-net flx
tramp-archive helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace
helm-info diminish evil-escape org-duration tramp-gvfs tramp-cache
zeroconf recentf tree-widget org-eldoc evil-org ob-python python
tramp-sh org-download org-attach org-superstar toc-org org-indent ol-
eww
evil-collection-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi editorconfig-
core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch terminal-here org2blog
ox-wp metaweblog xml-rpc timezone htmlize org-mobile org-caldav
icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs url-dav xml helm-org helm-descbinds
helm-mode helm-misc helm-files tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur
helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help
helm-types helm-flx helm helm-core async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib org-habit org-roam-timestamps
org-roam-protocol org-protocol org-bookmark-heading bookmark ox-extra
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox parse-time winner
org-roam-migrate org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id
org-roam-node org-roam-db org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam
org-projectile projectile grep compile text-property-search
org-category-capture org-capture org-element avl-tree generator org-id
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs emacsql-sqlite url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm rmc puny emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section
async evil-matchit evil-matchit-sdk semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
find-func ws-butler winum spacemacs-purpose-popwin window-purpose-x
imenu-list hideshow imenu ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff queue symbol-overlay string-inflection
string-edit spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes saveplace savehist popwin
persp-mode org-rich-yank multi-line multi-line-find multi-line-enter
multi-line-decorator multi-line-respace multi-line-shared shut-up
multi-line-cycle multi-line-candidate hl-todo window-purpose
window-purpose-fixes window-purpose-prefix-overload
window-purpose-switch let-alist window-purpose-layout
window-purpose-core window-purpose-configuration window-purpose-utils
eyebrowse evil-unimpaired f evil-textobj-line evil-easymotion
evil-collection-dired evil-collection-buff-menu evil-collection
annalist
evil-anzu anzu emr popup s dash editorconfig noutline outline drag-
stuff
dired+ image-dired image-mode exif image-file image-converter help-fns+
dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs clean-aindent-mode beancount
org2blog-autoloads helm-easymenu cl tex-site hybrid-mode
evil-evilified-state which-key use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core hydra lv evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands
reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-search
evil-ex shell pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-types evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring
bind-map info quelpa mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode lisp-mnt mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr help-fns
radix-tree hl-line xt-mouse autorevert filenotify disp-table
spacemacs-light-theme spacemacs-common format-spec finder-inf
ido-vertical-mode ido core-spacemacs core-spacebind core-use-package-
ext
core-transient-state core-micro-state core-toggle core-keybindings
core-fonts-support core-themes-support core-display-init core-jump
core-release-management core-custom-settings core-configuration-layer
eieio-compat core-progress-bar core-spacemacs-buffer core-funcs
spacemacs-ht inline package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source password-cache json map
url-vars eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs epg rfc6068 epg-config
core-command-line core-debug edmacro kmacro derived profiler core-hooks
page-break-lines easy-mmode core-env load-env-vars core-dotspacemacs
advice pcase core-customization validate cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
core-emacs-backports core-compilation core-dumper spinner
core-load-paths core-versions site-start comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x
rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
bytecomp byte-compile cconv core-early-funcs iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1503801 1206283)
 (symbols 48 63841 1578)
 (strings 32 292984 146658)
 (string-bytes 1 9791310)
 (vectors 16 97020)
 (vector-slots 8 1783132 1126176)
 (floats 8 707 2932)
 (intervals 56 95067 1353)
 (buffers 992 27))