Subject: [bug#57702] [PATCH v4 1/8] gnu: Add rust-nic-emoji-char-0.9.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 13:37:51 +0200

On 10-09-2022 11:38, VesselWave via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Sorry previous v3 was't different. Now it deletes tables directory. I hope it's enough
> [PATCH 1/8] gnu: Add rust-unic-emoji-char-0.9.

I've looked at the source code, and it seems to use the tables, without 
regenerating them.  As such, 'rust-unic-emoji-char' cannot be built 
(except for the #:skip-build? #true).  IIUC, the only reason that having 
this rust-unic-emoji-char be a dependency of rust-textwrap works, is 
that it is a test-only (optional!) input and it has #:skip-build? #true.

My proposal then is to:

   * for now, not package rust-unic-emoji-char
     (as it appears to be non-functional)
   * comment-out the rust-unic-emoji-char from the
     #:cargo-development-inputs
   * if this causes build failures because of Cargo not finding the
     source code of rust-unic-emoji-char, remove the input from
     rust-textwrap's Cargo.toml.

> +                          (delete-file-recursively "tables") #t))))

Returning #t isn't necessary anymore.

Greetings,
Maxime.