Subject: bug#57697: 28.1; Marking a file in an image dired buffer marks all the files

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:26:26 +0200

If I invoke "image-dired" on a folder with images, and then try to navigate through the files, if I select any file with `m' or with `d' ALL files in the image buffer are marked. 

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-07-15 built on buildhw-x86-02.iad2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --program-prefix= --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr
 --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo
 --with-json --with-native-compilation build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_ZA.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired/date 1/31

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pdf-occur-dired-minor-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-superword-mode: t
  superword-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-dired-hide-details-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  dired-hide-details-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/blue/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20220720.1311/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(shadow mel-q-ccl ccl modb-legacy modb-standard elmo-passwd gnutls
network-stream nsm utf-7 elmo-imap4 time-stamp wl-fldmgr wl-template wl-demo
wl-thread wl-action wl wl-draft wl-folder elmo-nntp elmo-filter wl-summary
wl-refile wl-message wl-mime mime-play filename wl-e21 wl-highlight elmo-mime
mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mmimap mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-address wl-util wl-vars
wl-version elmo-net elmo-cache elmo-map elmo-dop modb-generic elmo-flag
elmo-localdir elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb modb modb-entity elmo-date elmo-util
elmo-vars elmo-version mime-edit mime-image mime-view mime-conf calist invisible
inv-23 mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup semi-def mime-parse mime luna
eword-encode eword-decode mel path-util pces pces-e20 pces-20 mime-def alist
mcs-e20 mcs-20 mcharset std11 pccl pccl-20 broken static apel-ver product
timezone emacsbug sendmail apropos cus-start ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig ol-docview
doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi ob-python
python-el-fgallina-expansions python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell ls-lisp em-smart esh-mode eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
ox-pandoc ht dash ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda org-refile ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
expand-region subword-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions
the-org-mode-expansions org-element avl-tree generator er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom pdf-occur tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit pdf-view jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs iedit iedit-lib hi-lock two-column
minibuffer-complete-cycle ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs savehist saveplace
recentf tree-widget grep compile cap-words superword subword desktop frameset
delsel cus-load dired+ image-dired image-mode exif image-file image-converter
bookmark+ bookmark+-key comp comp-cstr warnings crosshairs col-highlight vline
hl-line+ hl-line bookmark+-1 thingatpt+ thingatpt gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit bookmark+-bmu edmacro kmacro org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark+-lit pp+
bookmark+-mac bookmark text-property-search pp dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs cl cl-extra yasnippet help-mode autorevert filenotify
sensible-defaults use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core
finder-inf info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 829178 135946)
 (symbols 48 52997 10)
 (strings 32 213707 38974)
 (string-bytes 1 6916983)
 (vectors 16 79153)
 (vector-slots 8 1443752 220602)
 (floats 8 421 486)
 (intervals 56 3373 684)
 (buffers 992 18))