Subject: Re: bug#57680: [PATCH 0/2] image: Add tarball support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:50:45 +0200

Hey,

> I’m pretty sure I commented on this patch as part of another series
> recently but I can’t find it anymore.

Here it was: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-09/msg00094.html

>   1. (guix compression) sounds like it could just as well be about
>      offering an abstraction over guile-{zlib,zstd,lzlib} like that
>      currently in (guix utils).  So the name is misleading.

While I agree, I cannot think of another name. Maybe (gnu compressor) as
this is the name of the defined record?

>   2. We cannot refer to (gnu …) from (guix …) or, if we really need to
>      do so, then that should happen lazily at run time (do not miss
>      Josselin’s excellent guided tour at the Ten Years, which included a
>      discussion of this! :-)).

I moved it to (gnu compression) for now. Yeah, I'm polling the 10years
page to be able to watch this presentation among others ;).

Thanks,

Mathieu