Subject: bug#5768: 23.1; ModelSim and compile.el

From: "Scott, Ashley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:51:33 -0700

It appears that the latest version of compile.el does not correctly
parse the

error messages from ModelSim. The (compile.elc) file shipped with emacs
version

21.3 does correctly parse the ModelSim error messages.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

 of 2009-07-30 on SOFT-MJASON

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENU

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: VHDL/es

Minor modes in effect:

  diff-auto-refine-mode: t

  display-time-mode: t

  delete-selection-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  pc-selection-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  global-auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:

<drag-n-drop> C-c C-M-k <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> 

<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> <wheel-up> <help-echo> 

<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 

<double-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> 

<triple-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> 

<triple-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> 

<triple-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <C-home> 

<help-echo> C-x ` <help-echo> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <VHDL> <Compile> 

<First Error> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <left> <backspace> 

C-x C-s C-c C-M-k <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug

-report>

Recent messages:

Scanning directory for source files ...

VHDL Mode 3.33.26.  See menu for documentation and release notes.

(No files need saving)

Parsing error messages...done.

Mark set [2 times]

Parsing error messages...done.

Mark set

Saving file c:/lab/vhdl/syslog.vhd...

Wrote c:/lab/vhdl/syslog.vhd

(No files need saving)

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste them here!
***