Subject: [bug#57646] [PATCH] etc: teams: Add regular expression support to scopes.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:30:35 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

> Thanks for the improvement :) Ricardo, any thoughts on this series?

This looks like a good idea to me, thanks!

Just three comments:

* the dependency on Guile-Git means that the script must be run inside a
  suitable environment now, whereas previously it had no dependencies
  other than Guile.  If we can assume that people use Guix perhaps we
  should do what doc/build.scm does and use Guix to arrange for
  dependencies to be available.

* I don’t like the “if” + “null?” pattern:

+             (if (not (null? (team-scope team)))
+                 (format #f "scope: ~{~s ~}~%" (team-scope team))
+                 ""))

  I’d prefer using match:

  (match (team-scope team)
    (() "")
    (scope (format #f "scope: ~{~s ~}~%" scope)

* With Liliana’s added support for regexes, the previous patch to record
  scopes for the installer etc should be adjusted.

-- 
Ricardo