Subject: Re: [bug#57643] [PATCH 0/3] Document the image API.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:01:35 +0200

Hello Maxime,

> Proposal: rename the variable to x86-32-linux.  Likewise for the hurd.

It makes sense to me. However, we would also have to rename accordingly
the "system" counterpart in (gnu packages bootstrap). Something to keep
in mind.

> Why is the endian mentioned for powerpc64le-linux and not powerpc (in the
> description and in the variable name)?  This looks inconsistent. (From what
> I've read, PowerPC has both a little-endian and a big-endian mode.)

Fixed.

> 'little endian' is an adjective here, so I think 'little-endian' would be
> appropriate here.

Fixed.

>>> +@defvr {Scheme Variable} hurd
>>> +Platform targeting x86 CPUs running GNU/Hurd.
>> Why is not called ‘i586-gnu’?
>
> How about x86-32-gnu, for the same reasons as i686-linux?

Also looks fine but has to be done at a larger scale like for the
x86-32-linux renaming.

Thanks for reviewing,

Mathieu