Subject: [bug#57643] [PATCH 0/3] Document the image API.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:59:11 +0200

Hey Ludo,

> Great piece of work!  That will make things more approachable, and one
> can hope it will lead folks in the embedded or devops space to look more
> closely as what this has to offer.
>
> I sent mostly cosmetic comments.  It looks pretty much ready to go.

Many thanks for the in-depth review, as always. I fixed all your
comments. I also hope it will help people dive into the image creation
stuff.

The two big remaining areas left to be a credible alternative to
buildroot/Yocto and friends are in my opinion:

1. Be able to generate smaller images (without Guix/Guile), with
other init systems (initV, android init language), busybox, minimal
libc and so on.

2. Be able to cross-compile more packages (qt, gnome, ...).

Some work in perspective!

Mathieu