Subject: bug#57639: [PATCH] Add new command 'toggle-theme'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:10:19 +0200

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I thought we already had support for this under Gtk?  But I may be
>> misremembering.
>
> Am I reading it correctly that `style_changed_cb' in gtkutils.c would be
> a place to start looking for this functionality?

Ah, yes, I think that's the one...  Po Lu probably know more about this;
added to the CCs.

> So would gruvbox-soft-dark have all the other themes as variants or only
> gruvbox-soft-dark?  

Well, I was saying that the term "variants" isn't really what we need
here, but tagging themes for features.

So gruvbox-soft-dark would say

  (theme-featues :name 'gruvbox :mode 'dark :softness 'soft)

or...  feature names that make more sense.  😀

Then the `theme-change-feature' if you have a gruvbox theme enabled
would give you three other themes to choose from.

If there's just the dark/light difference, then there's only one other
theme to choose from, and no prompting would be needed.