Subject: Re: bug#57639: [PATCH] Add new command 'toggle-theme'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 22:49:01 +0200

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Great, can you point me to the places I would have to make changes for
> this to work:
>
>         add a function to loaddefs-gen that only fetched those for the
>         Emacs build (it'd almost be trivial -- we just bind
>         lisp-mode-autoload-regexp to ";;;###theme-autoload" and then
>         point the scraping function at etc/themes).

I think you'd basically put something like the following into
`loaddefs-generate--emacs-batch' --

(let ((lisp-mode-autoload-regexp
        "^;;;###\\(\\(noexist\\)-\\)?\\(theme-autoload\\)"))
  (loaddefs-generate
    (expand-file-name "../etc/themes/" lisp-directory)
    (expand-file-name "theme-loaddefs.el" lisp-directory)))

Then you have to teach `loaddefs-generate--make-autoload' to generate
the correct forms as a result of the `deftheme' -- which should be some
`put's.