Subject: bug#57639: [PATCH] Add new command 'toggle-theme'

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 15:13:03 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>> As a gross hack, we could add a new file in etc/themes that has these
>>>> `put' statements and then load that in Emacs.  But...  that's kinda
>>>> gross, so if somebody has a better idea, that's be nice.
>>>
>>> If there were a way to generate "autoloaded" code as a side effect of
>>> byte compilation or something, then deftheme would take care of that.
>>> But I don't know enough about the bootstrapping process to say how
>>> feasible that is or not.
>>
>> Ping?
>
> Sorry; I'm not sure what the question is any more?

The last issue preventing this patch from being merged is that
expressions marked for auto-loading are not gathered.  I believe one
option was adding etc/themes to the list of scraped directories, but
that would require comments like

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;;;###autoload
(when (and (boundp 'custom-theme-load-path)
           load-file-name)
  ;; Add theme folder to `custom-theme-load-path' when installing over MELPA.
  (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path
               (file-name-as-directory (file-name-directory load-file-name))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

from leuven-theme.el to be removed.