Subject: Re: bug#57627: 29.0.50; [native-compilation] cl-loaddefs.el recompiled on startup

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 07:47:55 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Re-reading this discussion what I see is two different options, neither
>> of which is significantly better than the other.
>> So the motivation to change is not very high.
>
> True.
>
> So I've now implemented Stefan's suggestion (i.e., just putting a
> puthash into the .elc file if the file-local variable says so), and it
> seems to work fine.
>
> Andrea, does this look OK to you?

In principle absolutely, but I've two questions:

Why not to use `native-comp-deferred-compilation-deny-list' instead of
adding `native-comp--no-native-compile'?

If we can't use `native-comp-deferred-compilation-deny-list' maybe we
should rename `native-comp--no-native-compile' to
`comp--no-native-compile'?  This is the scheme we used for variables
that are not supposed to be manipulated by the user.

Thanks

  Andrea