Subject: bug#57627: 29.0.50; [native-compilation] cl-loaddefs.el recompiled on startup

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 08:38:35 -0300

Hi, every time I start emacs cl-loaddefs.el gets native-compiled.

Compiling /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el...

I think it is related to 6c11214dc1124bcb459088e89334e16e46127e16

Thanks

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-09-06 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 015fb4ac1c84485c563934087884f8a7dfe51955
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk --without-xaw3d
 --with-sound=no --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  mood-line-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  straight-live-modifications-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils orderless savehist vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher project byte-opt consult-vertico consult
compat-28 compat compat-macs recentf tree-widget wid-edit kmacro
bookmark text-property-search pp comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
elec-pair vertico-flat vertico-multiform pcase vertico helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads denote-autoloads popper
popper-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
dash-autoloads elfeed-autoloads vertico-autoloads embark-autoloads
consult-autoloads compat-autoloads mb-depth orderless-autoloads delsel
xah-fly-keys xah-fly-keys-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads easy-mmode
g3r-dark-theme ef-themes-autoloads info mood-line mood-line-autoloads
straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight subr-x cl-macs gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv so-long cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 158819 71652)
 (symbols 48 11974 2)
 (strings 32 43101 34802)
 (string-bytes 1 1641507)
 (vectors 16 26765)
 (vector-slots 8 465341 172223)
 (floats 8 83 459)
 (intervals 56 357 144)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
German Pacenza