Subject: [bug#57608] Upstreaming KDE Plasma and rest of packages

From: Marek Paśnikowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 20:32:49 +0000

------- Original Message -------
sobota, 29 października 2022 13:59, Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> napisał(a):

> Another issue is that Dolphin does not create/display thumbnails 

Is that Dolphin opened in GNOME desktop or in Plasma desktop?
I am asking because Plasma Desktop fails to produce anything more
than a black screen in the current state of the patches.

I would also like to take this opportunity to share a couple of
links related to the process of Plasma Desktop installation, which
I found this week.

[Qt/KDE applications segfault on start due to stale qmlcache][1]
[KDE Community page on kdesrc-build build-system][2]
[Script to streamline setting up and maintaining KDE software][3]

I wish I could experiment with the KDESRC system, but I am still
struggling with packaging a simple GNOME extension, so I am not
ready for this.

[1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/177720
[2]: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development#Building_software_with_kdesrc-build
[3]: https://invent.kde.org/sdk/kdesrc-build