Subject: bug#5759 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5759: Incorrect credits)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:04:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5759: Incorrect credits

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5759: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5759
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5759: Incorrect credits
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:03:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry about the mistake (now corrected).

Subject: Incorrect credits
From: Geoff Kuenning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:59:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just stumbled across the following text in the "Acknowledgments"
section of the Emacs info files:

   * Geoff Kuenning wrote Emacs 19's `ispell.el', based on work by Ken
     Stevens and others.

That's incorrect; I had almost nothing to do with ispell.el other than
helping to get it published.  I'm responsible only for ispell itself.
The correct attribution should be:

   * Walt Buehring and Ashwin Ram created the first `ispell.el'.  Ken
     Stevens then overhauled it for Emacs 19.
-- 
    Geoff Kuenning   [email-masked]   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it
is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
                -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News