Subject: bug#57589: closed (close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 00:52:01 +0000

Your bug report

#57589: Guix hangs on GDM with Wayland

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57589: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57589
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: close
From: Bruno Victal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: shegeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 00:51:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in b7506eb334d1cfceca78682879c69edf525c8ccd. (via #60756)

Subject: Guix hands on GDM with wayland
From: Grigory Shepelev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:37:21 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using Guix and Guix Home, having troubles starting GDM with (wayland? 
#t) as described. On putting this option in config and reconfiguring 
laptop just hangs on login on "default" graphical (alt+ctrl+f7) tty, 
black screen nothing happens. (excuse me for probably technically 
incorrect terms)

Attached all logs (from /var/log/gdm). A lot of errors. Some of them are

- dbus-daemon[861]: Cannot setup inotify for 
'/var/lib/gdm/.local/share/dbus-1/services'; error 'Permission denied'

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: Unable to find required component 
'org.gnome.Shell'

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: GsmSessionSave: Failed to create 
directory /var/lib/gdm/.config/gnome-session/saved-session: Permission 
denied

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: Unable to find required component 
'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill'

- Failed to StopUnit service: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.*: 
The name org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .service files

- (gsd-a11y-settings:910): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 21:58:01.344: Error 
releasing name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.A11ySettings: The connection is 
closed