Subject: bug#57589: Guix hands on GDM with wayland

From: Grigory Shepelev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:37:21 +0300

Using Guix and Guix Home, having troubles starting GDM with (wayland? 
#t) as described. On putting this option in config and reconfiguring 
laptop just hangs on login on "default" graphical (alt+ctrl+f7) tty, 
black screen nothing happens. (excuse me for probably technically 
incorrect terms)

Attached all logs (from /var/log/gdm). A lot of errors. Some of them are

- dbus-daemon[861]: Cannot setup inotify for 
'/var/lib/gdm/.local/share/dbus-1/services'; error 'Permission denied'

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: Unable to find required component 
'org.gnome.Shell'

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: GsmSessionSave: Failed to create 
directory /var/lib/gdm/.config/gnome-session/saved-session: Permission 
denied

- gnome-session-binary[862]: WARNING: Unable to find required component 
'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill'

- Failed to StopUnit service: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.*: 
The name org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .service files

- (gsd-a11y-settings:910): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 21:58:01.344: Error 
releasing name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.A11ySettings: The connection is 
closed