Subject: The native options on my init.el don't automatically load (such as font change and line number)

From: nazazaku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:38:29 +0200

When I load up the Emacs GUI, the native options (i.e. font changes or
line numbering) they don't seem to load, although everything else there
does without problem. When I go to the init.el and do M-x eval-buffer
they work without problem. I'm using Emacs 27.1 on Debian 11.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-28, modified by Debian built on x86-conova-01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Recent messages:
Checking 57 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/eshell...
Checking 71 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/erc...
Checking 34 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/emulation...
Checking 180 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet...
Checking 59 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/calc...
Checking 113 files in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-cairo
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-LlFm6W/emacs-27.1+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  pulsing-cursor-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils rect mule-util jka-compr smooth-scroll display-line-numbers
highlight-tail cl pulsing-cursor easy-mmode pulse yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet beacon god-mode cl-extra edmacro kmacro smartparens-config
smartparens-text smartparens advice help-mode thingatpt dash
rainbow-delimiters punpun-light-theme punpun-common finder-inf tex-site
info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 265600 88443)
 (symbols 48 17657 30)
 (strings 32 85195 33721)
 (string-bytes 1 2206030)
 (vectors 16 25783)
 (vector-slots 8 389986 37864)
 (floats 8 59 275)
 (intervals 56 1206 0)
 (buffers 1000 18))