Subject: bug#57563: 28.1; macOS - layout warning at startup

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 15:19:47 +0200

Bob Kline <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 4:25 AM Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> ...
>> Bob, could you please try using "git bisect" to determine which change
>> eliminated the unwanted warning?
>> ...
>
> No version built with the tool we've been using displays the unwanted
> warning (including emacs 28). On the other hand, "brew install
> homebrew/cask-versions/emacs-nightly" gives me emacs-29.0.50 WITH the
> warning. I did a little digging to try and find out which options were
> used for building emacs, but didn't have any luck. I suppose I could
> file a bug with the Homebrew folks. Anyone have any experience with
> that?

I don't.

The cask seems to come from emacsformacosx.com.  Don't know what that
is.  Maybe you could find something there?

> Is the Homebrew team as responsive as this one? 😉

Never ;-)