Subject: bug#57563: 28.1; macOS - layout warning at startup

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 15:03:00 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 08:47:36 -0400, Bob Kline <[email-masked]> said:

    Bob> On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 8:28 AM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> ...
    >> What does "DevToolsSecurity -status" say?  If it doesn't say "enabled",
    >> maybe "sudo DevToolsSecurity -enable" helps.  ...

    Bob> It was disabled, and I was able to enable it, but the "run" command
    Bob> failed with the same error message. That error message goes on to say
    Bob> "Look in the console messages (Console.app), near the debugserver
    Bob> entries, when the attach failed.  The subsystem that denied the attach
    Bob> permission will likely have logged an informative message about why it
    Bob> was denied." However, I can find no "debugserver" entries in any of
    Bob> the console logs, or any entries which seem even remotely related.

DevToolsSecurity -enable turns off the password prompting for accounts
which are allowed to run devtools. You still need to match the
configured policy, which is normally being a member of the _developer
or admin groups. You can check which it is by doing

    DevToolsSecurity -status -verbose

Robert
--