Subject: bug#57563: 28.1; macOS - layout warning at startup

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 09:11:12 +0800

Bob Kline <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is related to bug report 53481
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53481
>
> I followed the instructions to unarchive that bug by sending a message
> to control AT debbugs.gnu.org, with unarchive 53481 in the body, and
> then emailing my followup to 53481 AT debbugs.gnu.org, but that appears
> to have had no effect.
>
> In the thread for that bug report Alan Third (alan <at> idiocy.org)
> wrote that the bug was fixed in Emacs 28, but that does not appear to be
> true.
>
> The unwanted behavior is the display at startup of an annoying warning
> which suggests something may break in the future.

We've already seen this in the font dialog, and that was a bug with
Apple's own code, so could you please put a breakpoint on
_NSDetectedLayoutRecursion, and show a backtrace from when it is set?

Thanks.