Subject: Re: bug#57563: 28.1; macOS - layout warning at startup

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 21:01:59 +0200

Bob Kline <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2022 at 9:36 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> ...
>> I tried this on my M1 Apple laptop, and I did not get this warning.
>> ...
>
> Doesn't happen on my M1 laptop either. Only on the Intel-based laptop
> provided by one of my clients.

Could this be due to the different appkit versions?  I.e., 1671.60 vs
2113.60? 

> > In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS
> > appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
> 
> [...]
> 
> In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS appkit-2113.60 Versi\
> on 12.5.1 (Build 21G83))

I can try to root out an Intel Apple laptop to test; I think I've got
one here somewhere...