Subject: bug#57563: 28.1; macOS - layout warning at startup

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 07:58:18 +0200

Bob Kline <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 1:02 AM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> ...
>> I hope they'll tell how they codesign'ed their executable, and how to
>> change it to let a debugger attach.
>
> He didn't really know how to modify the program so that the debugger
> could attach to it. He wrote
>
>> It's possible that bypassing Gatekeeper (requires a reboot) might let it work.
>
> But I tried that, without any success.
>
> Oh, well. At least I know how to create an executable that behaves correctly.

Meanwhile, I also tried with codesign --remove-signature and with adding
entitlements with add_debug_entitlement.sh, which can be found on
github, and both of these "worked" but had no positive effect.  The
first one macOS doesn't like at all, the application cannot be started
anymore.  And the second one worked in the sense that the entitlements
were added, which can be seen with codesign -vdd --entitlements, but I
still couldn't debug Emacs.  I get to main, but then the application
mysteriously exits without me being able to see why.

So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm giving up.

Would it be okay with you when we declare this a problem of
other people, that is emacsformacosx.com, and close this bug?