Subject: [bug#57560] [PATCH 1/4] hashcat: Don't embed timestamp, fixing reproducibility.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:08:24 +0200

* gnu/packages/password-utils.scm (hashcat)[arguments]{#:phases}:
Remove timestamp, fixing reproducibility.
---
 gnu/packages/password-utils.scm | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm b/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
index 0069fdd74c..f64a205610 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
@@ -35,6 +35,7 @@
 ;;; Copyright © 2020 Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
 ;;; Copyright © 2021 David Dashyan <[email-masked]>
 ;;; Copyright © 2022 Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
+;;; Copyright © 2022 Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
 ;;;
 ;;; This file is part of GNU Guix.
 ;;;
@@ -1129,6 +1130,11 @@ (define-public hashcat
        #:make-flags (list (string-append "PREFIX=" %output))
        #:phases
        (modify-phases %standard-phases
+         ;; Don't embed timestamps, for bit-for-bit reproducibility.
+         (add-after 'unpack 'fix-reproducibility
+           (lambda _
+             (substitute* "src/Makefile"
+               (("\\$\\(shell date \\+%s\\)") "0"))))
          (delete 'configure))))
     (home-page "https://hashcat.net/hashcat/")
     (synopsis "Advanced password recovery utility")

base-commit: 57f8f69562e942557e3331bb81c7e4acd973d189
prerequisite-patch-id: 78c06b38a189109a5108a157d39ffe7eab8be109
prerequisite-patch-id: aaf0731113d36df901ed2186975e3bb872ec22c0
prerequisite-patch-id: 28e8223cfd59adf84007db9ceefd8a78c41fd10d
prerequisite-patch-id: fb73228d99c36f50e2959c2303c7c707460fd147
prerequisite-patch-id: 7626f1464f4926416fb13daf3d846176aa93f51b
prerequisite-patch-id: 445c6f624e99627959f2e54a6ee97337c44d9ea6
prerequisite-patch-id: 7a16c500faec9d58700a2b50b26bded079e9c3ac
prerequisite-patch-id: f7d406c61e069c04c3b7da453192f51c04763db1
prerequisite-patch-id: 4674bf40052d97215f837c9dfd4e7e1ae999492d
prerequisite-patch-id: 6259468375bfa157277521b17fdd97d6ab0748b7
prerequisite-patch-id: 9d14b38a33b68883c43d6b26dcdbdf7c28e417e7
prerequisite-patch-id: f0e3faffe768e9c660b0a9340042acfa0f790308
prerequisite-patch-id: 550485506255a67c0a1cb9ede7778d4d538b6e2a
prerequisite-patch-id: 9282e95ff076cc2c742be8d2fede83ac14006f6f
prerequisite-patch-id: 1503aa5c698f72ee47b7a987a95c0919efb203c4
prerequisite-patch-id: 24297940086a3780fd7e2e7fa345f262b12efb6f
prerequisite-patch-id: c5f647b5472465666328b123f0f314a6138d6293
prerequisite-patch-id: 56386c4df9130221cad664ec161d1ad9713f4dc3
prerequisite-patch-id: f09ccfb7e53bc7934326af603a197344f4ef53f3
prerequisite-patch-id: 0c18c83d1f2da4639b43861103a028706a147022
prerequisite-patch-id: 066bfca8bf0c3d3bc57a14b48aa1e241555c1e86
prerequisite-patch-id: 13d9ac7b0fadc92b9351409df26b41443497a964
prerequisite-patch-id: ad831a04543475288aba1c938078dcc5ad05870e
prerequisite-patch-id: ed9ec2d0bea23c2c2dbfa4c62290893f1a938f7f
prerequisite-patch-id: 335ce9dbbb2b36b960203a79fdc8f6033ebda2fb
prerequisite-patch-id: f2ca362056369913d0b8319187a8f46ea78b6dc7
prerequisite-patch-id: c02a17479ad4e01837fc307cf6defe0ae92e2435
prerequisite-patch-id: 3a794307f3bbd3641023d978f4b359eb2f5a46e4
prerequisite-patch-id: c545007535db365a29dc3a86e10866f5eef7b7d5
prerequisite-patch-id: 8b8fd18762282129e2d034f7cdceb368f53295d6
prerequisite-patch-id: d435d42bafa65f14049740a3d6cf1a163f855f97
prerequisite-patch-id: 27da1b857019b217b25b6795b84577fdc992a84c
prerequisite-patch-id: aef95e76144ae5e92a41f81b11e84ddc7ececd91
prerequisite-patch-id: 95aa6b45d93026e4375b53a471f0f96e2016914e
prerequisite-patch-id: 715d2bb93fe711e72388458846a0afde6babdc97
prerequisite-patch-id: 1851b8f26420465ac59f7447d9c8bd6698b77130
prerequisite-patch-id: 2bd6d4b30b6c71edef4bc6286a290f8eac5c18bd
-- 
2.37.2