Subject: bug#57557: Fido-mode does not copy directories correctly

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:00:12 +0200

If I go into dired and try to copy a directory to another directory, when
using fido-mode
fido mode treats the directory as a file and asks if I want to replace
a file in the directory.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34,
cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-07-15 built on buildhw-x86-02.iad2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=no
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-json
 --with-native-compilation build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired/date 3/26

Minor modes in effect:
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  pdf-occur-dired-minor-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  diredful-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  dired-hide-details-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug cus-start icomplete sort find-dired avy
org-download ruby-mode smie rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok html-mode-expansions
sgml-mode facemenu cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom windmove org-element avl-tree
generator smtpmail sendmail async vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
org-web-tools eww xdg url-queue shr kinsoku svg mm-url gnus nnheader dom
request esxml-query org-attach org-id org-refile pcase xml tar-mode
arc-mode archive-mode cl autoload radix-tree executable lisp-mnt
mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils
gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg
rfc6068 epg-config misearch multi-isearch mule-util duplicate-thing
persistent-scratch yasnippet-snippets yasnippet pdf-occur ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools compile cus-edit pdf-view
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs iedit iedit-lib
diredful hi-lock virtualenvwrapper gud s dash cap-words superword
subword display-line-numbers ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
parse-time ls-lisp comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs two-column session savehist saveplace recentf tree-widget
wid-edit desktop frameset cus-load dired+ image-dired image-mode exif
image-file image-converter bookmark+ bookmark+-key edmacro kmacro
derived crosshairs col-highlight vline hl-line+ advice hl-line
bookmark+-1 thingatpt+ thingatpt bookmark+-bmu help-mode bookmark+-lit
pp+ bookmark text-property-search pp dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs autorevert filenotify sensible-defaults use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1586514 370152)
 (symbols 48 41943 10)
 (strings 32 265932 78323)
 (string-bytes 1 11208731)
 (vectors 16 89587)
 (vector-slots 8 2120706 221959)
 (floats 8 266 768)
 (intervals 56 138477 1324)
 (buffers 992 35))

--