Subject: bug#57530: closed (Re: bug#57530: 28.1.91; defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist misses auth-source boolean)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 04:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57530: 28.1.91; defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist misses auth-source boolean

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57530: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57530
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57530: 28.1.91; defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist misses auth-source boolean
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
To: Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 00:29:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Fabrice,

Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> If I do:
>   emacs -Q
>   (load-library "ldap")
>   (customize-variable 'ldap-host-parameters-alist)
>
> I cannot set 'auth-source to t because it is not part of the menu.
>
> I think the defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist should be updated, with
> e.g.:
>
> (list
>  :tag "Auth-Source"
>  :inline t
>  (const :tag "Use Auth-Source" auth-source)
>  boolean)
>
> Could you please update it?

Pushed to master.

Thanks,
Thomas

Subject: 28.1.91; defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist misses auth-source boolean
From: Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 20:53:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

If I do:
  emacs -Q
  (load-library "ldap")
  (customize-variable 'ldap-host-parameters-alist)

I cannot set 'auth-source to t because it is not part of the menu.

I think the defcustom ldap-host-parameters-alist should be updated, with
e.g.:

(list
 :tag "Auth-Source"
 :inline t
 (const :tag "Use Auth-Source" auth-source)
 boolean)

Could you please update it?

Thanks!

Best regards

In GNU Emacs 28.1.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-08-07 built on fedora.home
Repository revision: e6af4968f947a3e536fbd80e74fea44ca18e22ac
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/noon/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/noon/git/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr dabbrev emacsbug sendmail char-fold misearch
multi-isearch face-remap bug-reference find-func cl-print help-fns
radix-tree ldap cus-start pcase mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-islam holidays hol-loaddefs vc-git vc-dispatcher appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs find-lisp filecache
my-magit magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx
log-edit message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient cl-extra help-mode
magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm dash my-bazel my-skeletons
skeleton sh-script smie executable python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec comint ring ansi-color cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs ibuf-macs ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs calc-prog calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr elec-pair delsel auth-source-pass server
jira-markup-mode derived thingatpt edmacro kmacro cl noutline outline
easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 252844 25237)
 (symbols 48 24188 9)
 (strings 32 87190 2958)
 (string-bytes 1 2808343)
 (vectors 16 41491)
 (vector-slots 8 532326 28149)
 (floats 8 595 193)
 (intervals 56 1878 0)
 (buffers 992 20))

-- 
Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6