Subject: bug#5753: something, something, org-mode, shift-select, something

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:12:00 -0400

Bastien <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (N. Jackson) writes:
>
>> Ah, that sounds like the start of a new adventure...
>>
>> ... which went _far_ more smoothly than I expected! I am now testing
>> with GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 Repository revision: 116400 and Org-mode
>> version 8.2.5c.
>
> Yes, sorry, I meant "emacs -Q" in my recipes.
>
> I can't reproduce the bug with GNU Emacs 24.3.50.6, so it has probably
> been fixed between 24.3.50.1 and 24.3.50.6.

Bastien, you misunderstood what I wrote (sorry).

I _did_ build 24.3.50(.1) from the current (yesterday's) trunk from
Bazaar.

And, assuming the failure of shift selection in cua-mode _is_ the bug
the OP was reporting (I was never clear about that), then the bug _is_
fixed using that build, as I wrote here:

>> In any case, with both recipes, Org behaves correctly in 24.3.50.1. 

and here:

>>     emacs -Q 
>>     M-: (org-support-shift-select t) RET 
>>     M-x cua-mode RET    ; Turn _on_ cua mode 
>>     C-x C-f new-test.org RET 
>>     a 
>>     S-<left>    ; Expected: "a" is selected / highlighted 
>>     C-x         ; Expected: "a" is removed to the clipboard

>> In Emacs 24.3.1 (as, I believe, in Emacs 23), the S-<left> just moves
>> the cursor, no selection is highlighted, and the C-x fails to remove
>> the "a" to the clipboard. This defect is fixed in Emacs 24.3.50.1. :)
                                         ^^^^^^^^
> I'll close it when you have a chance to build Emacs from current
> trunk.

Lennart, I believe you were the original poster? Is the one above the
bug you intended to report? (I was confused by the discussion of
org-replace-disputed-keys, which doesn't seem to be a factor here.) And
if so, do you want to test on 24.3.50, or are you satisfied that the bug
is fixed?

> Thanks again for the detailed reports!

You're welcome, but clearly I need to improve my clarity! Thank you for
being there to do something about them.

Regards,
N.