Subject: Re: bug#57526: 29.0.50; Precise pixel-scrolling works great with touchpad but not with mouse wheel

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 17:30:41 +0800

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> The short list is:
>
> ❯ xinput list
> WARNING: running xinput against an Xwayland server. See the xinput man page for details.
> ⎡ Virtual core pointer                    	id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
> ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer              	id=4	[slave  pointer  (2)]
> ⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer:39                     	id=6	[slave  pointer  (2)]
> ⎜   ↳ xwayland-relative-pointer:39            	id=7	[slave  pointer  (2)]
> ⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer-gestures:39            	id=8	[slave  pointer  (2)]
> ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                   	id=3	[master keyboard (2)]
>     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard             	id=5	[slave  keyboard (3)]
>     ↳ xwayland-keyboard:39                    	id=9	[slave  keyboard (3)]
>
> Interestingly, that list is the same no matter if I plugged my mouse
> into my notebook's USB slot or if it is not connected.

Ah, you're using Xwayland.

Unfortunately, that X server is not implemented properly, so the X build
of Emacs cannot determine the source of wheel movement correctly.