Subject: 23.1.94; sgml-lexical-context in post-command-hook

From: Jay Berkenbilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:36:29 -0400

Start emacs -Q and evaluate this line of elisp:

(add-hook 'nxml-mode-hook 'turn-on-flyspell)

Now C-x C-f to find any xml file, such as this one:

<a/>

Observe:

Error in post-command-hook: (void-function sgml-lexical-context)

The settings below are reflections of my environment, but the above can
be reproduced with emacs -Q as described.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2010-03-16 on motoko.argon.local
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/tps/packages/linux.x86_64.rhel5/emacs-23.1.94-1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
q y M-x d e l e t e f SPC i e l <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> SPC f i l e <return> M-n <return> 
C-x C-v C-k t r <tab> . <return> C-x C-v C-e <backspace> 
<tab> <return> C-x C-v <return> C-x 1 M-x v e r s i 
o n <return> C-x C-v <return> C-x C-f ~ e <backspace> 
/ e l <tab> q <tab> <return> M-x g r e p <return> s 
g m l - l e x i c a l - c o n t e t <backspace> x t 
S-SPC * * / * ( . ) <return> C-h f s g l SPC <backspace> 
m l SPC l e x <tab> C-g C-x <return> C-x k <return> 
C-x C-g C-g C-x k <return> C-x 1 C-x k <return> C-x 
b * M e <tab> <return> C-r s g m l - l e x C-a C-x 
b <return> C-x C-f ` <backspace> ~ e l <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> / e l <tab> <return> M-x g r e p <return> 
M-p C-x o C-x b * m <tab> <backspace> M e <tab> <return> 
C-s s g m l - M-b C-SPC C-e C-b M-w C-x o M-b M-b M-b 
C-y M-d M-d M-d <return> C-x 1 M-x s e t SPC v a r 
<return> d e b u g SPC o n SPC e SPC <return> t <return> 
C-x b t <tab> <return> C-x C-v <return> C-h v d <backspace> 
a b o <tab> <M-backspace> d e b u <tab> SPC SPC o SPC 
SPC e SPC <return> C-x 1 M-x g n u <tab> <return> M-> 
C-p <return> M-> C-r p r e t e s t C-a <return> M-x 
r e p o r t SPC b SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Reading active file via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...done
Mark set
Retrieving newsgroup: argon.mail.03.q...
Fetching headers for argon.mail.03.q...done
Generating summary...done
No more unread articles
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Scanning for dabbrevs...100%

Load-path shadows:
/home/jberkenb/elisp/startup hides /opt/tps/packages/linux.x86_64.rhel5/emacs-23.1.94-1/share/emacs/23.1.94/lisp/startup

Features:
(shadow warnings dabbrev emacsbug pp fg-lisp-indent grep nxml-uchnm
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode multi-isearch vc-rcs
help-mode view flow-fill rmail w3m-form w3m-symbol starttls auth-source
mailalias tls q-valid-addr newcomment flyspell ispell sort gnus-cite
ansi-color mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg parse-time gnus-ml disp-table
vc-accurev paranoid-backup byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile nndraft nnmh
nnfolder gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nndoc nnoo nnmail mail-source format-spec
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems vc-svn
vc vc-dispatcher w3m browse-url doc-view image-mode dired timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc
w3m-util qmime qmime-compose qmime-view which-func imenu filecache
server uniquify compile ange-ftp comint ring message ecomplete rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader
canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs smtpmail sendmail regexp-opt project advice help-fns
advice-preload jka-compr cus-edit easymenu wid-edit cus-start cus-load
edmacro kmacro cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)