Subject: [bug#57513] [PATCH] installer: Fix segfault on double logical partition removal.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 09:50:51 +0200

Hey,

> I have to thank KE0VVT on IRC, who provided a core dump file!  This was
> surprisingly easier to debug than I thought, for those interested, I
> built the installer using the same Guix commit, and loaded the guile
> core dump file in gdb.  I then used `guix build parted
> --with-debug-info=parted` and loaded the resulting libparted.so library
> using `info sections` to find out where the .text of libparted.so was
> loaded in the core file, and `add-symbol-file
> /gnu/store/path/to/libparted.so 0xaddress` to load the symbols.  That
> way, I could see that ped_disk_remove_partition was invoked for a disk
> that had an empty partition list, hence leading me to this double remove
> problem!

I remember resorting to way less convenient solutions in the past to
achieve something similar. Feel free to add this little memo to the
documentation or as a code comment if you have the opportunity :).

Thanks again,

Mathieu