Subject: bug#575: suggestion: add link to info doc in describe mode

From: xah lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:45:02 -0700

Here's a suggestion: add link to info doc in describe mode.

Detail: When just using a unfamiliar new mode, such as org-mode, i  
use M-x describe-mode to see what commands are available.

It would be nice that somewhere there is a link to the info doc of  
the mode if it exists.

Similarly, when i use describe-function, would it be good to have a  
link to the location of the func's doc in elisp manual?

--------------------
Another suggestion: when using describe-mode, i find the listing of  
minor modes at top is confusing. (especially to new users of emacs)  
Perhaps move the minor mode list to the bottom?

Thanks.

PS please let me know if it is always better to send separate emails  
for different issues/suggestions even if minor.

   Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄