Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: bug#57493: <user-account> should allow for customizing home directory permission bits

From: "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 18:39:04 -0500

Hi Liliana,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 7:25 AM Liliana Marie Prikler
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> * gnu/system/accounts.scm
> > (<user-account>)[home-directory-permissions]: New
> > field.
> > (user-account-home-directory-permissions): New accessor.
> > * gnu/build/activation.scm (activate-users+groups): Use home
> > directory
> > permission bits from the user account object.
> > * doc/guix.texi (User Accounts): Document new field.
> LGTM.
>
> The header says this is part 1/2.  Is that correct or did you just
> invoke git format-patch wrong?

Oops, that's my bad! I forgot that the patch file header would say
that.  There's a second patch that changes the Gitolite service to use
this new field, which is the service that sparked the need for this
additional flexibility, but I was going to leave that out for now and
maybe just push directly as it's a 2 line change and the gitolite
system test passes. So, please disregard that 1/2 thing!

Thanks for checking!

- Dave