Subject: bug#57434: 28.1.91; Terminal Emacs Mac OS flickering.

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:04:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Gerd, do you see the same on your system?

No, I can't reproduce this.

After watching Dmitrii's video I thought it might be related to a light
terminal background color (I normally use a black background), so I
tried that, but no flickering.  I don't know what else to try now to
reproduce this.

Maybe it helps if I describe exactly what I'm doing?

~/ > uname -a
Darwin Mini.fritz.box 21.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Wed Aug 10
14:28:35 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.141.5~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 arm64
~/ > infocmp -V       
ncurses 5.7.20081102
~/ > echo $TERM $LINES $COLUMNS
xterm-256color 95 364
~/ > cd emacs/master/src
[master] gerd@Mini 2022-08-30 7:50 
~/emacs/master/src/ > emacs -nw -Q xdisp.c
[master] gerd@Mini 2022-08-30 7:51 

C-x 3
C-x o
C-x b *scratch* RET
C-x o

Make the xdisp.c window scroll with C-n/C-p, C-v/M-v.

No flickering here.

Dmitrii, how do you set Emacs' background?  Is that the terminal's
background, or does it perhaps come from your Emacs config?  Or IOW, do
you test this with emacs -Q?