Subject: bug#57434: 28.1.91; Terminal Emacs Mac OS flickering.

From: Dmitrii Kuragin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 09:35:41 -0700

Sorry for the late reply.

But could you please elaborate a bit more on what I can do now?

Do we want to add a hook like `begin_frame_update` or we need to add a
`sync_update_begin_escape_code` or we just say, sync_update_protocol (we
have 2 of those now).

Alternatively, we can allow users to specify it as a terminal capability
and let them override it. Like, `(setq xterm-extra-capabilities (quote
(modifyOtherKeys setSelection)))`

Which way would we like to proceed?

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 9:00 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Dmitrii Kuragin <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 08:48:57 -0700
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >
> > If everyone is OK with adding a new frame-local elisp flag, then I can
> prepare a patch.
>
> I think the conclusion in the message you quoted was that we will need
> a function, not just a variable.  That's because we need to allow two
> different protocols for this, and we should allow switching between
> the protocols.
>

-- 
*If you get an email from me outside of the 9-5 it is *not* because I'm
always on or expect an immediate response from you; it is because of work
flexibility
<http://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/how-flexible-hours-can-create-a-better-work-life-balance.html>
.  Evening and weekend emails are a sign I allocated some regular working
hours for other things (such as family, gym, friends,...).  And I encourage
you to feel free to do the same.