Subject: bug#57434: 28.1.91; Terminal Emacs Mac OS flickering.

From: Dmitrii Kuragin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:01:22 -0700

I think I can give it a try. I just need a bit more time to set up the
debugger workflow, since I run GDM only once in a few years :)

I also do not really understand the meaning of "cost" here and what metrics
we use to measure that. But, I'd assume it is something empirical.

Since we found the point which fixes it (cost calculation) I will try to
understand how it works better. and How having content on the right window
might affect the cost calculation.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 8:57 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 08:46:44 -0700
> > From:  Dmitrii Kuragin via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
> >  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Here's a very interesting patch which fixes the flickering issue for me.
> >
> > Maybe we do something inaccurate during the cost calculation? Or we use
> some metric which is note
> > representable on macos?
>
> This has come up before, but we could never understand what's wrong
> with that calculation.  Perhaps you could step in a debugger through
> that code and tell what you see and why it flickers?
>

-- 
*If you get an email from me outside of the 9-5 it is *not* because I'm
always on or expect an immediate response from you; it is because of work
flexibility
<http://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/how-flexible-hours-can-create-a-better-work-life-balance.html>
.  Evening and weekend emails are a sign I allocated some regular working
hours for other things (such as family, gym, friends,...).  And I encourage
you to feel free to do the same.