Subject: Re: bug#57434: 28.1.91; Terminal Emacs Mac OS flickering.

From: Dmitrii Kuragin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 08:03:08 -0700

hm... I tried it in Terminal.app as well and it flickers less, likely
because it uses 256 colors, whereas in alacritty or iTerm2, I use 24 bit
colors.

I tried to record a video of the behavior:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMf_3MxRk2cTdgF3tFmzAZoxcy3vQghc/view?usp=sharing

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 10:41 PM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I tried your recipe here with emacs -Q (Emacs 28.1 from Homebrew) in a
> > maximaized Terminal.app window, with a font as tiny as I could get (with
> > Command +/-).  I could not reproduce the flickering.
> >
> > Does this happen for you with emacs -Q in Terminal?
>
> BTW. this was
>
> GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.3.0) of 2022-04-30
>
> and I'm running macOS 12.5.1.
>
> Maybe someone else having access to maxOS 11 can reproduce this?
>

-- 
*If you get an email from me outside of the 9-5 it is *not* because I'm
always on or expect an immediate response from you; it is because of work
flexibility
<http://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/how-flexible-hours-can-create-a-better-work-life-balance.html>
.  Evening and weekend emails are a sign I allocated some regular working
hours for other things (such as family, gym, friends,...).  And I encourage
you to feel free to do the same.