Subject: Re: [bug#57430] [PATCH] gnu: wayland-protocols: Fix cross-compilation

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:04:27 +0200

On 26-08-2022 12:14, Tobias Kortkamp wrote:

> * gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm (wayland-protocols): Fix cross-compilation
> [native-inputs]: Add pkg-config-for-build and wayland.

According to 'guix gc --references $(guix build wayland-protocols))' and 
it only having a 'share' subdirectory, this appears pure, 
architecture-independent, data.

As such, here's a proposal for a simpler solution: do:

;; Pure architecture-independent data, cross-compilation is meaningless.
;; Resolve a cross-compilation failure and save some disk space and 
compilation
;; time by always compiling natively. As an additional benefit, this 
avoids some
;; worrying about whether placing this package should be placed in 
'inputs' or in
;; 'native-inputs', it can now be placed wherever makes the build succeed.

(arguments (list #:target #false))

This appears related to https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50627, so putting 
the people there in CC.

I'm wondering, is whatever the issue addressed by 50627 now addressed by 
this patch?

Greetings,
Maxime.