Subject: 24.0.50; c-mode periodic weird unindentation

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:02:42 -0400

bzr revision 99695 [email-masked]

Periodically, C-mode will incorrectly unindent a line containing an open
brace.  I can often convince it to work by creating a new line after the
problem, and then deleting the newline.  I do not yet have a recipe, but
am sending this so that (at least during the pretest), the existence of
this bug is known.  I will add information to this bug report if/when I
can recreate it again.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.7)
 of 2010-03-19 on maru
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10705000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-e f d - > u i <backspace> M-b M-b ! C-e <backspace> 
i n M-/ ) ) SPC { C-b <return> <tab> C-n <tab> C-n 
<tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> 
C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n <tab> C-n 
<tab> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p <tab> <escape> 
< C-s S K I O B U G <backspace> <backspace> U F _ I 
N C-n C-_ C-p C-e <return> } C-n C-p C-M-b C-M-f C-n 
C-M-b C-M-f SPC e l s e SPC i f <M-backspace> { <backspace> 
i f SPC ( m o d M-/ SPC = = SPC S K I O _ U N M-/ <M-backspace> 
S K M-/ ) SPC { C-_ ESC { C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-e 
{ <return> <tab> } C-p C-e <return> <tab> <switch-frame> 
C-x b * G r <tab> <return> C-n C-n C-n <return> C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n Q C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-u 
5 0 0 <return> C-s e l i C-s C-s C-a SPC C-n C-n SPC 
SPC C-n C-n SPC SPC C-n C-n SPC <switch-frame> <escape> 
! b z r SPC r e v i C-g C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Finding sort keys...
Sorting records...
Reordering buffer... Done
nnimap: Retrieving headers...done
Fetching headers for nnimap+localimap:mail.emacs-devel...done
Scoring...done
Generating summary...done
Mark saved where search started
Loading vc-svn...done
Parsing BBDB... (frobnicating...done)
Don't touch it!  It's the History Eraser Button, you fool! [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-words hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-words
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode
/home/md5i/src/elisp/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vc-dispatcher vc-svn gnus-cite ansi-color mule-util
gnus-bcklg gnus-async parse-time qp sort byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
gnus-ml disp-table time-stamp whitespace tabify newcomment multi-isearch
align dabbrev vc-git cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gnus-topic nnfolder utf-7 utf7
rfc2104 netrc nnimap imap nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr
bbdb-com nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig mailcap
gnus-cache edmacro kmacro gnus-demon nntp nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader flyspell ispell
server uptimes pp uniquify descr-text help-mode view tramp-imap assoc
tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp
auth-source gnus-util format-spec tramp-compat trampver time
sieve-manage password-cache rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
sgml-mode psvn wid-edit log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode
inf-caml camldebug thingatpt derived shell caml-types caml-emacs
caml-font caml advice help-fns advice-preload compile imenu message
sendmail rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader generic-x debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
ange-ftp regexp-opt comint ring cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])