Subject: bug#57400: 29.0.50; Support sending patches from VC directly

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 17:39:43 +0300

On 05/10/2022 22:57 +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:

>>> Another question is if `vc-prepare-patch' should be bound to a key or
>>> not.  From what I see "C-x v p" appears to be free, which might be a
>>> possible candidate.
>>
>> There's some potential for confusion with pull/push, I guess, but I
>> can't think of any better key (that's free).
>>
>> Er...  `C-x v S'?  (For send.)  Hm...  no, `S' is taken in vc-dir
>> buffers, and it'd be nice to have the same key in vc-dir-mode.  Oh, `p'
>> is taken in `vc-dir-mode', too.
>
> Currently 'C-x v =' (vc-diff) can be easily mistyped as 'C-x v +' (vc-pull)
> often with an adverse effect because '=' and '+' are on the same key.
> It would be nice to bring both 'vc-pull' and 'vc-push' under the same
> prefix key 'C-x v p'.  And to add vc-prepare-patch under the same
> prefix.

I find there's some similarity between vc-log-outgoing (`C-x v O') and
vc-prepare-patch.  So maybe `C-x v o'?

> 'p' and 'S' in vc-dir are specific to the vc-dir buffer.

> So 'C-x v S' could be bound to the command vc-log-search
> that has no key binding.

It would be great to put this command on some key binding.

Filipp